Splashtop Whiteboard allows teachers and students to turn their iPad into an interactive white board. Once connected to their computer over Wifi, they can watch Flash media with fully synchronized video and audio, control PC and Mac applications then annotate lesson content all from an iPad. Now interact with students at their desk or present from all four corners of the class!
Brought to you by the developers of the award-winning Splashtop Remote Desktop, Splashtop Whiteboard offers users of existing interactive whiteboards (IWBs) a way to extend their investment by accessing their tools from anywhere in the class. For those who do not currently use an IWB, now you can implement one at the fraction of the cost! Leave the school PC on, and connect to it remotely from the comfort of your home. No more late nights being stuck at school preparing for tomorrow's class.
- Be in control — Have complete control over the applications on the classroom PC as if you were sitting right there. No need to stay at the front of the class. Be free to roam around. Hand the iPad to a student and let their imagination do the rest!
- Annotate anything — Use gestures to draw, highlight, or write over any content, then save it for later use. E-mail saved "screen captures" of the screens (including your annotations) to students or colleagues, or save them to a gallery for later access/re-use/editing. Use different colors and sizes of pens, highlighters, shapes, and text tools over existing content on the screen; or optionally switch to an empty background of your choice and start annotating.
- Lifelike playback — All video and audio are played in high definition on your iPad. Play Adobe Flash content, iTunes music, DVDs, CDs, etc. as they were meant to be enjoyed, but without any painful sync sessions.
To get started, just:
- Download and install Splashtop Streamer onto your PC or Mac.
- Download and install Splashtop Whiteboard onto the iPad (Splashtop Whiteboard includes Splashtop Remote)
- Launch Splashtop Whiteboard.